This document was last updated 1 September 2019.
Policy key definitions:
- "I", "our", "us", or "we" refer to the business, [IKM Testing (UK) Limited].
- "you", "the user" refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner's Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a user’s computer or device.
Key principles of GDPR:
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and/or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register, our registration number is: ZA090781
- Lawful basis: Legitimate interests, not overridden by your rights
Categories of personal data: May include your name, identification numbers, location data, an online identifier, including IP addresses and cookie identifiers, as well as any other data that can be used to identify an individual.Where our purpose for processing is: Required as a key aspect of delivering training services and ensuring you receive the relevant accreditations / certifications you are seeking.We process your information in the following ways: Your data is processed to ensure you are provided with the required service, appropriate level of support, and receive the applicable accreditations / certifications. Your data is also used to notify you of changes to the service, inform you of technical issues and to gather information on how you use and ways to improve the service.Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.Sharing your information>: We may share your personal information with third parties and they include recognised industry training bodies.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are;
- Google Analytics - This is a web analytics service provided by Google enabling us to track repeat visitors to the website. This includes information such as how visitors arrive at the site, the pages you view, options you select and the path taken through the website. This information is collected to make improvements to the website. Google also reserves the rights to the data collected.
- Session Cookies – These are used to enable essential functions in the website, such as login sessions and transactions. Such cookies will expire when the browser session is terminated.
- Preference Cookies – These are used to record your preferences and settings when using the website.
- Security Cookies – These are used for security purposes.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Fair & Transparent Privacy Explained
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the "Processing of your personal data" above.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons/tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences/the information we hold about you at any time.
Resources & further information
- Overview of the GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 2018
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003
- Small business GDPR policy template
Privacy Notice Policy Base: v.4.1 Dec 2018 - Made available without liability by IKM Testing (UK) Limited.
Changes to this Statement
The IKM Testing may occasionally update this privacy statement. When this is done we will also revise the 'last updated' date of the privacy statement.
We welcome your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy and can be easily contacted (see Contact Us page).